By 1950, Telechron had hit a groove. It was able to turn out clocks faster and more reliably than ever before thanks to G-E's influence. A lot of R & D dollars were pumped into making rotors quiet and alot of thought went into building clocks that worked right, every time. The company expanded, opening new factories in Worcester and Lowell as well as Ashland. Although fewer models were introduced, they were made in far greater quantity. For every movement the company made, probably half never got put into a G-E or Telechron clock. The company found an ever-expanding market selling to appliance makers and the Telechron movement became synonymous with the clock radio.
Each new change made the clocks faster to make but lowered their quality. Gears got thinner and brass was used less and less. Clutches were left out and dials got thinner. Bezels were eliminated in favor of all-plastic crystals that snapped in. Movements were now staked together--not screwed. Wood and metal-cased clocks were almost wholly abandoned in favor of plaskon. It would have been someone with a short memory indeed who didn't realize the Telechron they just bought couldn't hold a candle to the one it replaced. Still, you couldn't argue with success; this was the most profitable time in the company's history.